|Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Yashwantrao Chavan Law College, Malkapur Karad, Dist. Satara in Maharashtra is a constituent unit of Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune. Our College is situated in Malkapur which is Rural Area in Karad Taluka. Karad is known as the place and home town of freedom fighters, devoted politicians, social reformers and our former Dy. Prime Minister Hon. Yashwantraoji Chavan. Taking in to consideration his commitment and to fulfill his intense desire and wish regarding legal education to the students from rural areas and downtrodden people, Hon. Dr. Patangraoji Kadam has established this college in June 2000. The college is affiliated to Shivaji University, Kolhapur, approved and recognized by Maharashtra Government and Bar Council of India, New Delhi.
The college offers quality legal education at undergraduate levels and having two courses viz. Three Year and Five Year Law Course. These courses are recognized and approved by the BCI and Shivaji University. The college has adopted the syllabus prescribed by affiliating Shivaji University, Kolhapur. Besides this the college also offers Diploma in Cyber Law and certificate courses of Pragmatic English and Proficiency in English.
Qualified, experienced and approved teaching staff, enriched library with Text Books, Reference Books, Law Reports, Journals, Computer Lab with Free Internet facility, Compulsory Dress Code, continuous evaluation of the students, Legal Aid and Advice Cell and Legal Literacy Programmes, practical education through regularly arranged Court- visits, Lawyers' Chamber visits are distinguishing features of this college.
College is assessed by the NAAC on 19th and 20th Sept. 2016.
Goals of the Institution
- Commitment towards the spread of legal knowledge to everyone and especially to those who are socially and educationally underprivileged.
- Dissemination of knowledge of laws and promote legal awareness in rural areas.
- Provide opportunities to students to reach his or her highest professional capabilities with social orientation.
- To motivate students to understand their social responsibilities and to get acquainted with ground realities of life.
- Shaping the overall personality and character of students through value education
- Provide exposure of students to real court room proceeding and achieve best advocacy skills
The above stated Vision, Mission and Goals statements are communicated to students, teachers, staff and other stakeholders.